Sunday, July 15, 2007

Here come the nerves...

So, the fight is in about 24 hours, and any semblance of being cool, calm and collected has pretty much been stripped away.

My heart is already beating faster, I feel sick, my head hurts and I'm clammy with sweat - either I'm sick or I'm very anxious: I'll reserve judgement for the time being.

I had a very strange experience this evening - I went to the Sunday market with Damon to find a present for Paul (this I did, and oh what a present, but more of that later....) and was handed a poster with a big picture of me on it, advertising the fight tomorrow. That will just never, ever, ever happen again. Never in a thousand years, unless of course I fight again in Thailand, will I, personally, be used to advertise a fight, and rightly so. Seriously, if people actually come to this show just on the basis of that poster they're going to get a pretty skewed idea of what Muay Thai looks like! Anyway, it was scary, and it was very odd, but it was also kind of cool :)

As for the present? Well, what can I say? Not much, actually because it's a surprise, but he'll love it, and he'll love the fact that I managed to get it back from the night market riding as a helmetless passenger on the back of a moped in Thai traffic, clinging on for dear life, trying not to decapitate other motorists with it. And hopefully he'll appreciate the truly epic and monumental effort it's going to take to get it and my rucksack back through 5 airports on 2 (3?) different continents, despite the fact it's going to exceed all my baggage allowances. Mostly I'm just chuffed I managed to find something that, whilst probably still overpriced tat will look damn nice at home and make my honey smile.

In other news, I never managed to see Doi Suthep, because I was stood up by the guy who was going to give me a lift, but I probably needed what passed for the rest I had instead.

I did, however, see elephants. Lots of elephants. Big ones, small ones, ones as big as your.....elephant. And I have LOTS of photos, but you'll have to wait till I get home to see them because I've got other things on my plate just at the minute.

Anyway, it's probably time I was going home and trying to sleep, but actually just lying in bed going "ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod" until 5 am.

Wish me luck!

Aarayan x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kick ass honey! Yeah! Just like JCvD in Bloodsport! Mercy is for the weak! Woo!

By the way I'm still a pacifist, just one who's tyring to spur his good lady wife on to KICK SOME THAI ASS! YEAH!!! WOO!!! USA! USA! USA!