Friday, July 13, 2007

3 days and counting....

The fight's on Monday, so I'm all finished training now - it's time to rest and let the muscles repair themselves. Mr Kob's had the posters made and it's most scary seeing myself on one (looking terrible I might add) and the promise of a "Scottland [sic] vs Thailand International Fight!" - let's hope it's worth watching!

My opponent has had 10 fights, which sounds alot but isn't many by Thai standards. She's 55kg, which is quite a bit lighter, but hopefully not too embarrassingly so. By the sounds of it at least I wont be fighting the tea-lady ;)

I achieved a nice bit of gift shopping today, and tomorrow I'm off to learn about elephants (very exciting). On Sunday I will go and visit Doi Suthep, get a massage, and go to the Sunday Night Bazaar in town for more, hardcore shopping.

Monday will see me resting, cleaning my room, packing, getting my Kruang Wrang and dad's Buddha blessed by monks at the temple and then it's time to put my money where my mouth is.....

I'll be in touch before then, but think of me on Monday at about 5-6pm GMT...

Aarayan x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you on Monday - on that you can surely count my dear! If you can text me after the fight to let me know you are ok, I'd be grateful. Heroics not required - this is for fun, remember?

I wish you all the luck in the world and send all my love.

Mum
xxxxx